Free Wi-Fi (Wireless Internet)
- Connect to the web on your laptop, tablet, or smartphone 24 hours a day. No password needed.
- High-speed internet
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Self-serve printing
- Help from library staff
- Copy - Black & white ($0.10/page) or color ($0.25/page)
- Fax - send & receive ($0.25/page)
- Scan documents - pdf or tiff (FREE)
- Photos - scan and print in black & white ($0.10/page) or color ($0.25/page)
- Microfilm/fiche - scan
- Paper sizes - letter, legal, or ledger paperback to top
Agreement and Guidelines:
- Identification - Users must hold a valid Centerville-Center Township Public Library (CCTPL) library card. Those who wish to use the CCTPL computers but do not reside in the Library’s service area, must possess valid identification and may sign in as a visitor. Library card or ID must be left at the Main Desk while the patron is using the computers and will be returned when the patron has finished or their time limit has expired.
- Fines/Fees - A card will be blocked if the patron has 15 or more overdue items, or owes $10 or more in unpaid fines and/or fees.
- Time Limits - The library reserves the right to limit the amount of time an individual user may have access to library equipment.
- User Limits - Users may be accompanied by only one other person at the computer workstation.
- Print fees - Black & white printouts cost $0.10/page. Color printouts are available for $0.25/page. Patrons can choose to print or delete any of their print jobs with our easy to navigate print management screen.
- Email is available through the web and only through your own account.
- The library offers free wireless internet access throughout the building and outside on the library grounds.
- Ethical Use - Engaging in any activity which is deliberately or maliciously offensive, libelous or slanderous is unacceptable use of library computers. The library reserves the right to terminate computer/internet access privileges of anyone who does not follow its policies and guidelines.
- The library affirms and acknowledges the rights and responsibilities of parents and legal guardians to monitor and determine their children’s access to library materials and resources, including those available through the Internet. The library subscribes to an Internet filtering service.
back to top
Get the latest audiobooks and e-Books with Overdrive!
New to social media? A Facebook account allows you to find "friends" and family from all over the world and share everything from pictures to funny stories. Plus, you can show the world what you "like" and find interesting new ideas and meet new people based on your interests. If you're just getting started with social media, Facebook is a great place to begin!
Tell your friends on Facebook that you like our website!
You can also follow us on Twitter @centervillelib!
New to Twitter? Below, you can see a sample of our "Twitter-feed," a constantly updated, real-time feed of original content, pictures, and links limited to 140 characters. You can also see other "tweets" (posts/updates) that have been posted by others and then "re-tweeted" (shared) by the library for all of you to see! Go ahead and scroll through it to see all of our latest updates, trending "hashtags" from around the world, and the most current events in Wayne County and the surrounding area! If you're "on the go" and looking for all of the latest information from a wide range of sources, #Twitter is a great resource!
Instagram is a fun way to take pictures, add cool digital effects, share them, and then follow your favorite celebrities and friends as they post and like pictures from all over the world just like you. Now you can even add 15 second video clips. Instagram is similar to other social media sites in that you have a profile page, a feed of constantly updated content, and can post and share pictures, but with Instagram, you can edit and add to your pictures, in addition to searching for specific images and people by using #hashtags like #books #libraries #fun #socialmedia #lastdaysofsummer #instagood #blackandwhite #centerville #genealogy #family etc. If you're a shutterbug, love photography, and/or just like seeing what your friends and favorite celebrities are up to, Instagram is your window to the world!
YouTube is everywhere on social media. From the latest in pop culture, to music, to politics, to funny cat videos, you'll find it all on YouTube, even us. Follow our channel and be on the lookout for our latest videos; we have some good ones in the works. Then, when you see one, share it with all your friends on other social media sites and let everybody know how much fun it is here at the Centerville Public Library!